Dave Nagel, MsED, is an international educational consultant and researcher. Dave began his educational career as a middle school science and high school biology teacher. His administrative experiences involved middle school assistant principal, high school associate principal, and director of extended day and credit-recovery programs. He was honored numerous times as a ‘Senior Choice’ winner, where graduating seniors selected him as someone who dramatically affected their life in a positive way. Dave has credentials in school leadership and secondary science teaching as well as a master of science degree from Butler University. Dave is the author of Effective Grading Practices for Secondary Teachers and the co-author of The PLC+ Activator’s Guide and PLC+: A Playbook for Instructional Leaders.
- Implementing the ELA standards
- Prioritizing standards
- Common formative assessments
- Building authentic performance tasks
- Effective use of scoring guides
- Professional learning teams
- Effective grading practices
- Develop and Understanding and Plan for Implementing the ELA Common Core Standards!: This interactive seminar for both administrators and teachers describes how to create classroom tools and devise/augment plans for successful implementation of CCSS. Participants will leave with an action plan as well as some draft assessment items and tasks that will be targeted to the Common Core Standards and the assessment system their state has adopted (Smarter Balanced or PARCC).
The Common Formative Assessments 2.0 series of services provide educators with the skills to collaboratively create, with a grade-level or course-level team, unit-based assessments for learning to assess student understanding of the particular learning intentions (standards or outcomes) and success criteria currently in focus within a curricular unit of study.
- Distance Learning
- Success Criteria
- Teacher Clarity
- Visible Learning+ Foundation Series
- Visible Learning+ Impact Series
- Visible Learning+ Impact Coaching
- Visible Learning+ School Capability Assessment
This is a carousel with related book cards. Use the previous and next buttons to navigate.